There are a few things they could have done to help themselves gain votes with Floridians:
- Campaigning here in August instead of January. Florida in January is a no-brainer. Who really wants it?
- Participating in a spelling bee with only Spanish words.
- Having a first name that isn’t a four-letter word.
- Having a first name that sounds like a name instead of an inanimate object.
Lobbyingconsulting with the National Hurricane Center to have the next devastating storm named after the other.
- Attending a Marlins afternoon game. That would have almost doubled attendance.
- Make a speech on the floor of the House of Representatives like the one below. It never gets old.