I’m definitely a Southern guy. I don’t need a stupid Facebook quiz to tell me this. It’s just something I know. Want proof? Try saying I’m not. Say it to my face! 🙂 However, according to this guide to winning over Southern girls, I don’t know much about how to woo women.
That explains how I ended up with the low-maintenance, easy-going, unpretentious, jaw-droppingly-beautiful girl I did instead of Scarlett O’Hara. Who wants a girl that wears curtains?
Still, I think I did pretty well for myself when I was fishing out of the Southern Pond, despite the fact that I frequently broke many of Bickers’ rules. You can click over to read the 15 things she recommends, but here’s a quick run-down on how I score with each of them.
- I actually do this one
- I agree with this as well…so far, so good
- I’m not getting up just to do that
- Yeah, but I do this for everyone, not just girls
- I pay people to do this one…does that count?
- Do rugby boots count? If not, it was over before it even started
- At the table, yes. Inside, not always
- I can do that
- I don’t chase girls. Even when I was single, I didn’t chase them. Ok, I didn’t make it obvious that I was chasing them.
- No way! I gotta eat!
- C’mon! Do you think your life is some sort of fairly tale? Really?
- I’ll buy dinner…no problem. But if we go for coffee after, you should at least offer to pay for it. (Of course, I wouldn’t let you).
- Some guys can pull this one off, some can’t. It’s worth not making the effort to see which kind of guy you are.
- Never? Never? That’s not really fair to ask of us.
- Twist my arm–I promise to do my best to get you drunk, just don’t make me listen to the novel about your day.