Haven’t posted in a while, but I’ve been taken a ton of notes. I’m working on a process to use Scrum methodologies to improve BJJ. I’m almost at the end of my first sprint, and it’s going pretty well so far. I hope to be posting on it soon. If nothing else, this is a good place to post the retrospectives until I figure out the process better.
Still, I need to get back to posting technique details. Here’s some stuff from 10.17.2017
- In a tight closed guard, and they go for a grip to try to pass
- Grab the cuff with the opposite hand (*thumb tight to pointer to get super tight)
- Slide hand under for kimura grip and break their grip up.
- Immediately stuff their hand into holster with wrist behind theirs for extra leverage
- As you stuff, pull in legs to help break their posture
- Open guard and feet to the mat as you grab lat
- Shrimp, stuff arm, and pull the lat at the same time to get them to their side and take back.
- If they are based out, climb on top of the turtle
- Post with head and elbow, then hook at their elbow with the opposite arm
- Pull that arm out for a down bar OR
- Knee to mat and bring shin to the back of their head and drive toes to the mat for pressure
- Grip leg behind the knee and roll over same shoulder you’re holding the arm with to roll into arm bar
The grip break part is covered by Chewey‘s video, and the second part is kinda sorta covered by Buchecha. The roll into the arm bar I’m still looking for.
And here’s some footage of rolling session: