- Get on Twitter and find 10-12 things that are successful (Instagram, Snapchat, Google Reader, Vine, etc.)
- Write these onto slips of paper and put them in a hat
- Pick a slip of paper out of the hat
- Try to buy that thing
- If you can’t buy it, build something kind of like it and sloppily integrate it
- Go ahead and start a group people can join to complain about the change
I will give them credit for trying out some new things like Timeline and Home for Android. Maybe not the most successful features, but at least they were different and showed some creativity.
I will also admit that for creating videos, Instagram>Vine. The problem is, for consuming videos Vine>Instagram, and most of us (especially me) should stick to consuming video instead of creating it.
The Facebook UX is an absolute train wreck.