Warmups and straight into KoM.
For technique, we learned three chokes when opponent is in turtle:
No gi d’arce choke (no gi brabo choke?)
- Slice knee in to split opponent and hand on head for control
- Open lapel by placing hand under belly, then remove hand from head and grip lapel
- Baseball slide through and roll opponent to hip, walk top leg to trap opponent leg
Defended, so go to the other side
- If opponent closes his side to block the knee, reach around to the openside of the body and get the same choke on the other side
- Head hand grips lapel 4 out
- Control opponent’s hips and step over
- Continue rotation and throw step foot over opponent’s head
- Fall to mat, get ready for a quick tap (This one really hurts)
Had a pretty good roll with Norm. Of course, he still dominated me, but I felt like I was a little tougher to deal with. That was probably manufactured by him. I got to side control for a couple of seconds before he got right out of it. It’s hard to tell how much he’s giving me and how much I’m earning, but I’m getting better I think.
Next up, I rolled with Joe, who is a lot quicker than me and also dominated me for the most part. Was forced into a turtle defense with him and he was much more effective at breaking it than others have been–definitely showed me what someone with more technique could do with where I am right now.