For the last few training sessions we’ve been working on options from side control that are all based on knee on belly.
- Gable grip and shoulder pressure from side control
- Shallow thumb-in collar grip on head side hand
- Leg side hand finds belt know
- Elbows tight!
- Knuckle push up to KOB, pull in, posture up, hips forward
- Wait for hand reaction and shoot leg side hand through the loop, bringing them tight to your chest
- Step over with head-side leg and talk on the phone with their wrist
- “I Dream Of Jeanie” downbar, americana, kimura, unorthodox kimura or…
- If they sit up, rotate hips out to go for omoplata
- If they roll from there, cross legged arm bar option
- If they hitch hiker out, back to the omoplata
- If they posture up
- figure four the legs and loop hand under leg for grip on cuff
- straighten legs and lift the looped hand
- step over head and release cuff for an S-mount
Yeah…a whole lot of stuff there, but it’s fun just to flow through it all. Crazy how many submission options you see during this flow that I didn’t even list here. Like, if you don’t get the hips out to go for the firs omoplata, there are arm bars, kimuras, and scissor chokes from that weird position we’ve worked on in the past.
Last night I was very out of gas for rolling. I basically just survived and tried to not get submitted. Didn’t get submitted, but got crushed by pretty much everyone.
And I didn’t ask permission to use the Neon Belly image, but hopefully a link is good too.